November 7, 2010

Anthropologie Holiday Workshop


(images by me)

Holiday season is coming up and I got an invitation from Anthropologie that they will be having open holiday workshops. These workshops are for people who are interested in helping the Anthropologie Visual Team in the chain store close by.

Their Visual Team is the people who designed and decorated the whole store. And as my previous blog post, I mentioned I have admired Anthropologie’s window displays since I first walked in to the stores. Every Anthropologie store in different areas has slightly different designs cooperated by their own team members.






(images taken by me)

Now that Christmas and winter season is here, I am so thrilled to have this opportunity to co-work with the Anthropologie Visual Team and create their Holiday decors. My friends and I carpooled and drove to Burlingame for this opportunity to help out as volunteers (yes, Burlingame was the closest from Davis, but more workshops are coming up in other store locations).  

This year, Anthropologie is re-creating the green bushes of a Christmas tree with different types of wires covered with green painted wraps. Also, adding golden ribbons with written wishes and art craft nuts to be tied on the branches.

Anthro’s design theme for this holiday window displays is symbolic. It symbolizes the idea of Christmas trees and cold weather. Christmas tree is a decorated evergreen coniferous tree, and coniferous trees only grow in cold weathers. That is why this type of tree is now unconsciously recognized as a type of holiday tree.

After this unforgettable holiday workshop, I notice how Anthropologie works as a ‘design family.’ Group work is always important in society, and in design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment